Mervin Hodgins, started life as a craft butcher making his own sausages based on a time honoured recipe passed down through generations of butchers.
Famous Sausages and Puddings
As the reputation of his sausages grew far and wide, Mervin took a considerable leap, and set up a dedicated facility in Mitchelstown for the production of his now famous sausages and puddings. Hodgins Sausages approached us in January 2018 with a view to exploring their brand and market position in the Irish retail market; a highly competitive market where margins are tight and promotions frequent, we quickly identified the need to create a strong connection between the Hodgins Sausage brand and the Irish consumer.
Through an overarching campaign we crafted the following:
• Development of highly emotive video communications to support the positioning
• New, stronger approach to Hodgins suite of retail labels
• Development of a specific strategy and promotion for Hodgins Low Fat Sausages
• Management of all content for Hodgins Facebook and Instagram platforms – weekly management
• Development of a number of highly successful digital competitions, driving reach, engagement and awareness
• Development of monthly video content for social media including recipes, competitions and brand values