Our Security and Update package covers
5 principle supports:
Cyber attacks are becoming more sophisticated and successful every day, leading to a significant increase in the number of sites getting hacked. According to a recent Wordfence report, there were 90 billion malicious login attempts from over 57 million unique IP addresses over the course of 2020. The security element of this package includes:
- Installation of a Firewall which monitors traffic to your site and which will block any suspect traffic before it gains access (Wordfence Premium Active Firewall)
- Setup of a two factor Authentication so that any site administrators will need to validate themselves on login (this adds an invaluable level of extra security)
- Proactive Updates – If any major vulnerabilities are discovered in common plugins, we will update as soon as they are brought to our attention
2. WordPress Updates
Our websites are built using WordPress, a Content Management System (CMS) for which frequent updates to plug-ins and themes are released. However, if these updates are not pre-empted and managed, they can affect how your website looks and functions. The WordPress updates includes the following:
- Theme and Plugin updates as appropriate (paid plugin subscriptions remain the responsibility of the client)
- Updating of WordPress Core software with the latest versions at the time of site update(s). Please note, customised plugins may not be covered
- PHP versions are also updated with the current secure version
- When we are carrying out the above work, your website will be checked, and we will address any theme updates which may have taken place in the proceeding period to the update
- If at any stage we are working on your site (post launch), we will apply core and plugin updates
Our hosting package includes a nightly backup schedule. If your website is not hosted with us, we will arrange weekly backups to your cloud storage account. This will ensure that if your website goes down, we will have a back-up that is a maximum of 7 days old.
4. Response Time
If you experience any other issues with your website, this package ensures your account will be given priority; we will guarantee a 24/48 hour turnaround for urgent issues in the vast majority of cases. Our maintenance fees will apply here.
As an added extra, we will install and configure a premium caching plugin on your site to improve performance (usually €100 per year) for the plugin. This should have a huge impact on website performance.